Recycling is easy when you put it in an "All-In-One" container!
Most Broward County cities have changed over to an “All-in-One” recycling system (known as single-stream recycling) where recyclable items no longer have to be sorted.
Instead of placing items into two separate bins, the following can all be placed in the same bin(s).
Place these items in your single-stream bin(s):
- Newspapers, inserts, catalogs, magazines, junk mail, office paper, soft-covered books, file folders, soda cartons and crushed boxes from items such as cereal, tissues, rice and pasta
- Plastic containers with necks narrower than body such as soda bottles, milk, water, detergent and shampoo containers (without caps or lids)
- Glass food and beverage containers, milk/juice cartons and drink boxes
- Aluminum and steel food and beverage containers
- Flattened Cardboard from non-food items such as shipping boxes
DO NOT place these items in your single-stream bin(s):
- Plastic bags
- Rechargeable batteries
- Certain glass products including window or autoglass, light bulbs, mirrors, glass cookware or bake ware and ceramics
- Gas cylinders, tanks, rocks, debris, flammables, and small appliances
- Electronic waste and accessories
- Medical waste and pharmaceuticals
- Household garbage including food scraps, pizza boxes, and miscellaneous plastics such as toys and cups
- Hazardous waste including motor oil, paint, pesticides, and household cleaners
- Yard and plant debris
Please keep recycling free of contamination by putting only acceptable items into recycling bins. When the wrong items are included, or food scraps or liquids get into the batch, they can cause a whole truckload of recyclables to be wasted.
Davie residents who need a recycling bin should call Gay Moo Young at 954-797-1045.