1. To participate, complete the attached form and mail it back to Scott Harrison, Crew Leader. Whether you are a non-profit group, family, or
individual, you must complete an application.
2. All groups, families or individuals will check in at Town Hall, 6591 Orange Drive, beginning at 8:00 a.m. The clean-up hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
3. Groups/families will be assigned a designated area to clean. Please clean in your designated area only. All participating groups under 18 years of age must be accompanied by adults at all times.
4. At registration, you will receive a complimentary cap or t-shirt (while they last) and a map detailing the waterway clean-up areas.
5. Trash bags will be supplied to you at the registration tent. Simply fill the bags to their maximum, tie the bag, and leave it on the side of the road (at least 10 feet or more away from the road) . Use extreme caution when placing the bags. A town truck will pick up the bags for you later.
6. Make sure you wear clothes that you won't mind getting wet and dirty. PLEASE WEAR WORK GLOVES AND YOU MUST WEAR SHOES. Suntan lotion and sunglasses are also a good idea to protect you from the sun. Remember to bring your swim suit with you for the Trash Splash following the clean-up!
7. Each Group Leader will be assigned a reaching stick. Please use this stick to hook items that are close to shore that you can reach with little effort. To prevent accidents, please do not permit your group to clean trash down the embankment or in the water, nor should anyone play in the water. If someone falls in the water, use your reaching stick to pull them back to shore.
Stay out of the water at all times! Please stay on the flat ground area. Do not clean any closer than 10 feet from the side of the road.
8. Bring extra drinking water with you!
All times, dates and activities are subject to change.