Posted on April 14, 2017
Stirling Road Improvements Project in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation
The Florida Department of Transportation awarded a $4,580,758 contract to Weekley Asphalt, Inc., for roadway improvements along Stirling Road from east of SR 7/US 441 to east of University Drive in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation. The length of the project is approximately 2.5 miles. Construction began February 20, 2017 and is expected to be completed by Early 2018.
Roadway widening east and west of SR 7/US 441 to allow for new 5-foot bike lane to connect to existing bike lanes along Stirling Road
- Median modifications to accommodate longer turn lanes from Stirling Road to SR 7/US 441.
- Removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway within project limits
- Upgrading sidewalks and ramps to meet current ADA standards
- Installing new pedestrian countdown timers at the following intersections: SW 64th Avenue/Carriage Heights Drive, North 66th Avenue, and SR 7/US 441
- Installing Intelligent Transportation System technology throughout project corridor
- Replacing overhead aluminum signs
- Improving the existing lighting along the corridor
- Installation new bus shelter pads at existing bus stop locations
- Adding new signing and pavement markings
- Lane closures within the project limits can be expected Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Overnight closures can be expected Sunday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
If you would like to receive project updates, lane closure information, as well as a weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT, please email email@example.com the subject of “Stirling Road Improvements Project in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation.” Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status.